Rebreathers and fatalities.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The source is the same source thats always spouted missinformation and lies about most rebreathers and I'm pretty certain you know who I mean

Spoiler may not look cool but it does a great job of keeping the back of the car planted firmly!!

Mondeo Molemobile is in garage as we speak having top end overhaul and is then going on sale. I shall be sad to see her go, and will miss seeing the look on so called fast cars as a repmobile storms past. But she just isn't big enough for Turtle and stages and dive kit. Plus she is so low she cant tow the rib. As a track car she is great but as a working car she is not so suitable

I have a new DiverMoleMobile now. A nice big Land-Rover Discovery. Can take all the kit and abuse I can throw at her. Its all Dave Thompsons fault, first he invents the Inspiration and makes me buy one and then convinces me to spend the money I dont have left on a Disco. Then Bob Howell comes along and takes whatever pennies I have remaining:(

The last time I spoke to Rodney, he told me that he wasn't working on rebreathers and was concentrating on his scooter (which is a great unit). So, it's my "guess" that his bailout rig has been shelved. We did discuss the design of a passive addition rebreather, as he was interested in designing one but was leery about the Halcyon patent. Turns out that the mechanics of that system were first used in 1955 by the French DC-55 rebreather, so it's a public domain design at it's core. I just happen to have three of those things sitting here, so if Rod wants proof of the old design, he's got access to one for evidence. But I really think he's up to his ears in scooter parts and could give a hoot about rebreathers at this time.

Back to the other point, I had a guy on the rebreather list most publicly state that I had ripped him off. The facts are that I had sent him a few goodies now and then as a courtesy and that I had promised to send him a few more "when I could". Like as in "free, but you need to wait until I get around to it". In return for that I got called a thief on a public internet list and that was the last straw. I gave him a public opportunity to apologize, which he refused. So, I split and haven't done much else in the form of internet publication. I will not be involved with controversy, and as a subscriber to the Code of Conduct, which reads in part "I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do" I've got a real problem with people who dishonor my carefully gained and guarded reputation. I just won't hang around a place where that happens.

'Nuff said about that sad subject. I'm off to test the final integration of the bailout rig today. By tonight I'll probably have some in-use photos available.

DS, Live from the Diveshop of Horrors

Dave, I would like to add my voice to those that lament the loss of new information from your site. There are a few sites that I have stumbled across in my search for homebuilder information, but none even approached yours in quality and content. (BTW, that's basically what my PM to you said, in case you thought it was a personal bash)

the "gentleman" on the rebreather list is only hurting his own reputation, not yours. Those of us that have heard from both of you know who the honourable one there is. :wink:

Let us know how the bail-out unit works, I love the idea, and am integrating some of the ideas into the project that I am working on. If you get a minute, please contact me directly, I would like to ask you a couple of questions if you could spare a couple of minutes for me.

thnx
adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom