rebreather ppO2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I've recently purchased a Drager Dolphin and need to monitor my ppO2. Does anyone have any opions on the best way to do this?

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

I'm guessing that our Tech forums would be a better place to ask your question...? Click here: http://www.scubaboard.com/f43.html

don

BTW - it would really help if you'd fill out your Profile - so we can respect your training and experiences, or be courteous if you're a newbie?!

:D

Welcome METALDiver,

the best place to ask that question is the rebreather forum in the equipment section.

There are several ways to monitor your Dolphin's ppO2, as you really should.
Either with a ppO2 monitor such as the Dräger Oxygauge, or with an O2 cel integrated computer. Those are the Uwatec ZO2/Oxy2 combo, DeltaP's VR2 and VR3 and HydrospaceEngineering's Explorer.

The Uwatec was specifically design for use with the Dräger Dolphin (Uwatec used to distribute the Atlantis SCR) and screws between the inhalation lung and inhalation hose. It has two O2 sensors and transmits the ppO2 wireless to the ZO2 computer which is on your wrist. In addition there is a readout on the Oxy2 that your buddy can check. The ZO2 displays both the actual mix in the loop (fO2) as well as the ppO2. There are accoustic and visual (adjustable) warnings for high/low values. All that data is in the smaller display, which when used with the transmitter on OC displays pressure and remaining bottom time. The large main display has all the usual dive/deco info.
The ZO2/Oxy2 combo is pretty expensive, but hard to beat for use with a Dolphin. Easily available through any Scubapro dealer it's my first choice by a wide margin.

The other three are wired by cable (as is the Oxygauge), plug into the breathing bag and have only one cell. The VR2 does 4 Nitrox mixes OC,SC or CC. Both VR3 and Explorer are kind of overkill for a Dolphin I think. Each does up to 10 mixes OC, SC,CC containing O2, N2, He. None of them is air-integrated on OC.

i have used the oxy guage and now i have the hs explorer and it has been working perfect and easy to read

landfish:
i have used the oxy guage and now i have the hs explorer and it has been working perfect and easy to read
The Explorer is probably the nicest and most versatile dive computer on the market. The display is second to none. I also like the Uwatecs' displays, second only to the Explorer.

METALDiver, as for options for O2 monitoring only, Hydrospace also makes monitors for either one or three cells, one should be sufficient and can be mounted with the plug in the breathing bag. Another alternative are the displays from the KISS rebreather made by Jetsam. Single and multiple cell readouts are available.

Still, on the Dolphin the Uwatec would be my first choice, with the Explorer a close second, unless you consider going trimix or CC in the future.

Back
Top Bottom