Rebreather hoses and counterlung cleaning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

herman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Could any of you rebreather divers direct me to some online information on the cleaning and care of rebreather hoses and counterlungs. The reason I am interested in the subject is rebreathers and double hose regulators share the same basic style hoses and both need cleaning. Since I dive a lot of double hose regulators I thought it might be worth learning about proper way to clean rebreather hoses then compairing that to how I clean DH hoses .

If you do not keep up on the cleaning of the hoses, they can tend to get a nasty slimey buildup inside of them that will require a bit of scrubbing with a bottle brush before disinfecting.

For a PRISM2 rebreather we use steramine solution after diving and then left to dry open. Then a soft pipe brush to scrub them out occasionally.

Darushin

Back
Top Bottom