Rebreather computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have found the Cochran PO2/fO2 Commander or Gemini Computers are an awesome addition to a rebreather diver's system. Having used them for the last two years, I have had absolutly no problems with them at all.

I'd recommend a VR3 or HS-ENG. Not Abyss. I have a hard time recommending the cochran if helium is in you plans because they don't calc He. For shallower than 200fsw then the commander works well but the set point switch is not as one would like - it needs to be pre-programmed.

The VR3 and HS units have worked very well and we've completed 360fsw dives many times with both. Although I've sold a lot of Vr3's I'd have to make a stronger recommendation for the HS unit as it has a great implementation of RGBM. Though you need to follow it exactly or the benefit of RGBM goes out the door.

The HS unit is $1300 with the O2 sensor port. The Y adapter and cell is more money... very cool though...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom