Rear Inflation BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goldenwingk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm an advanced open water diver and im intrested in a Rear Inflation BC i dive in cold/ice water and i do deep dives. what are some suggestions and what are some of the BC's that people are useing out there????

another vote for Zeagle but i would also suggest a bpw

i hear very good things about Tobin at DSS

cheers

I'm an advanced open water diver and I'm interested in a Rear Inflation BC i dive in cold/ice water and i do deep dives. what are some suggestions and what are some of the BC's that people are using out there????

Two other possibilities

Aeris ATMOS LX
ScubaPro KnightHawk

Zeagle Stiletto for me. First and only BCD I ever owned. If you go rear inflation be sure to get a BCD that comes with rear trim pockets for weight. Helps to keep you from that pushed forward feeling at the surface, distributes weight so depending on your size and weight amount you dont have all your weight in your sides/front of the BCD. In many ways it'll help. Me I am headed BP/W myself.

I went with a Apeks WTX Harness and a DiveRite wing. For me, it is a terrific setup. Wet or Drysuit, warm or cold, built tough and works very well.

wtx_harness.jpg

I went with a Apeks WTX Harness and a DiveRite wing. For me, it is a terrific setup. Wet or Drysuit, warm or cold, built tough and works very well.

wtx_harness.jpg

How much does that retail for? None of my local dive shops have them in stock.

Any reason you went for the WTX instead of the DiveRite Transplate?

I don’t remember the cost but I believe it was somewhere around $300. I chose the (old style) Venture wing because it was 30lbs of lift not 40 like the new one. In addition, I like having a shoulder/inflator pull dump. The Apeks wing only has a rear bottom dump.

The WTX Harness takes a plate simply by sliding it into a pocket and securing the double bands. I used to use a DiveRite TrasPac and when I saw just how well constructed this harness was made it was a simple decision.

Any AquaLung dealer can get it for you.

I've been diving a Zeagle since '94 and have enjoyed it since day 1. Don't know the model name as they names were different back then, but it's very similar to the Scout available today. I can also safely say it's proven the test of time. 700+ dives and still going strong!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom