Real ID driver's license for US Vets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AFAIK, the TSA does not use the Veterans designator. It is useful for Veterans benefits and "should" eliminate the need to carry a different card.

This is the designator for Veterans:

upload_2018-12-12_7-43-48-png.493767.png

veteranlicense.jpg
I'm guessing that the "Veteran" designator is the same for all of the states. On my California "Real ID" the only indication is a bear in the upper right corner. So, my worry is how many TSA agents are going to know all 50 indicators for the various states? Perhaps just having a state symbol in the upper right is all they need to know, but somehow I don't have faith that all 50 states got together and agreed on that.

In Texas, the designator is the word "VETERAN" located right under the expiration date. Shouldn't be an issue for TSA or anybody else for that matter.

Edit: FYI, Home Depot offers a 10% discount to US Vets for example. I wish I knew that when I was building my house!

home depot does not offer a discount to all veterans. only retired veterans and active duty military. And they limit that discount to a total of $500. and no online purchases. other veterans - discount only on mem day and veteran's day. and good luck - its a crap shoot at the store. Lowes on the other hand does offer a 10% discount year round for all military and veterans.

NY is free got it about a year ago all that was needed was DD214 they then post a V on license.

Once you sign up a Lowe's any family member can receive the 10% off here in NY

I have always received the 10% off at home depot no what I bought.

Also check your tax receiver if you own a house here I get a 15% tax reduction on my taxes because I am a veteran with a combat related disability ....steep price to pay :)

Now there's a switch. Free in NY and a fee in FL. Unlike, say, Purple Heart plates, which cost nothing in FL but are "vanity" plates with fee in NY.

Apparently not. They give it to me every time and I only served 4 years decades ago.
you're lucky. its not their written policy, and like I said - its a crap shoot at the stores.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom