Real Estate advice needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OSUcowboyinSPFD

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a client (US citizen) that needs some help acquiring land in the Mayan Riviera. Does anyone of our resident Cozumel experts know of a person that I may refer them to?

Thanks in advance.
Jeff

diveborg...thanks. No need to litter up the board with responses to this thread.

Thanks,
Jeff

Diveborg, I am confused....whats the difrence between sharing the name of a fav dive operation and a fav real estate person?

I am not a local but am currently looking to buy in Cozumel. We have looked with Nancy Edwards at Cozumel Living Cozumel Living Real Estate ~ Oceanfront Houses, Condos, and Beach Lots for Sale in Cozumel, Mexico. She knows the market and has been very helpful. Her web site has lots of homes listed and has great information on how to buy in Mexico. We were introduced to her by friends who live in Cozumel that purchased their home with her help.
My husband and I plan on retiring in Cozumel and can't wait to find our house, I may be lucky enought to retire first and spend next winter warm in Cozumel. Until then, I am dreaming of our next trip in May.

I wouldn't send them to a Coz real estate agent. Rather, someone on the mainland. Each agent as various folks they like working with (especially notary publics, which are very important in property acquisition) and there is a far greater choice on the mainland. Try reposting this on the Mexico (rather than Coz) board.

Before you start looking to buy property in Mexico get a local attorney BEFORE you start talking to real estate people. Even then you have to be careful. In Mexico one attorney can (and does at times) represent both sides of a negotiation/conflict without violating professional ethics. Just remember Todo, you are not in Kansas anymore. From a legal point of view, you just entered the wild west.

I would talk with attorneys you know to see if they have a contact in the Mexican state you are looking to buy property in. Personal relationships count for more than professional ethics a lot of times.

Any specific place in the Riviera Maya? Playa, Akumal, Tulum... ?

Can recommend a couple a reputable agencies with history in the area (not US ex-pats who've just hung up a shingle to cash in on the Riviera Maya building boom).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom