Read please before wasting your money on Olympus products...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

THEY LIED TO ME!!!! Im on the phone again with these morons, been here almost an hour now. The last guy tells me the reason they had ro repair my camera is that they are out of stock and can't get any more! At first they tried to charge me becouse "it was not the same problem and was under warrenty"....Now the only option they are offering me is to send my camera back in again for god knows how long and let them try to fix it again. If you recall, it took 7 weeks last time.
I JUST WANT A FRIKKIN CAMERA THAT WILL WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am very sorry, wildcard

this sucks

Ok, youve been a member since May 2004 and have over 2600 posts on Scubaboard... and now you are freakin' out about Olympus products.

My .02 worth ? Go buy a Nikon and be done with it. Enough already. Vote with your pocketbook.

BTW- Nikon is a Monster Sized company too, just like Olympus. I'm sure they have a massive customer service call center in Bombay where Mr. Apu would also handle your order in appropriate fashion.

Seriously, are you truly surprised at any of this? You have heard now, what, three different stories from three different people w/ the customer service department?

Nobody is saying "you can't rant about Olympus". Rant away. I'm saying, avoid the blood pressure/ anger and go over to Nikon or Sony. Done deal. Finished.

As long as I can drive customers away from Oly, Im not done. That is how I vote after spending my money.

LOL sorry, I've had too good of luck with Oly, despite Wild's and some other people's problems, to avoid them completely.

I really don't think that any company is perfect on customer service. One of the major factors in my decision to go Canon dslr is that Nikon has such terrible customer service every time I've had to deal with them. That's my personal experience and YMMV. In the few times I've had to deal with Canon's customer support they've been quick, helpful and spot on - again, my own personal experience and YMMV.

Each person looking for gear needs to read reviews and stories like this thread - and then use that information as one piece of the puzzle.

Wild - you have had a run of rotten luck lately...I hope Oly gets its act together for you soon and that this is the last equipment problem you have to deal with for a long long time!

Bump for those reading the latest I hate Oly thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom