Re Zeagle "upgrade kit"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divad

Contributor
Reaction score
I recently got one from Zeagle Express that came with the standard o-ring kit stapled to it, for 15 bucks. The new orifice is very nicely made and is probably worth the cost of the kit. With 3 (like breathing) ZX second stages installed on the same first stage, I installed the new kit in one of them but could not get it to breath even close to the other 2 before it started leaking air. I removed the new shuttle assembly and installed the old spring (shorter and stiffer, the new spring is longer and softer). When re-installing it I manage to chip the new seat on one of the lever feet, so I just tried the old seat (which was deeply cut by the old knife-edge orifice). To my pleasant surprise, the reg stopped leaking air and I was able to tune it comparably at first and then better than the other 2 second stages. I'm attributing the cessation of the air leak to the older, stiffer spring, and am surprised at the sealing ability of the new highly-polished orifice which seems to have an ovoid contact surface. I hope this is readable.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom