RC Helicopter- here's my question:

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spencermm

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Thanks for the responses I got below. Thought I’d start a new thread since it has been a while since my original post.
Well, let me start by saying that I know next to nothing about these rc helicopters. I got one for Christmas.
Some of my questions were answered by reading your posts. Namely that I did, in fact get a cheapo helicopter that would not be considered a “real” remote control bird. The control has an accelerator, a left/right switch, and a trim knob, and that’s it.
Even though it may not have been a high dollar toy, I still enjoyed it(while it lasted) and hope to graduate up to a more sophisticated model sometime this year.
What I got was a Dragonfly Prince. It can be viewed here:
https://www.redsave.com/products/Dragonfly-Prince,,51

It came with 2 extra tail rotors, which I went through in two weeks. I can’t find replacement parts for this thing anywhere.
Does anyone know where I might get some rotors for this thing?
Thanks for any help,
Spencer

Spencer,

I've no clue, I don't do RC aircraft.

I do, however, have friends that fly them - actually RC helicopters and real helicopters. Thus I know there are numerous boards and forums available on the internet for RC aircraft pilots.

I suggest you post your question on one of these other boards for more immediately useful responses...

Regards,

Doc

I'm not familiar with that helo. I will say I got my kids (and myself:)) the Air Hogs micro helis and they are fun.

If you're looking to move up to a slighly larger electric where replacement parts are easier to come by, I just got an email from Tower Hobbies regarding this one. Looks good and the price isn't bad.

Does anyone know where I might get some rotors for this thing?
Thanks for any help,
Spencer

You're probably out of luck. Those little heli's are essentially disposable toys, and I've never seen replacement parts anywhere for them.

Bryan

a lot of these cheap copters share the same basic parts so you have to search deep on ebay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom