Rawlings temperature @ now?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

telemonster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Thinking about trying to make it to Rawlings Saturday to meet up with the Hampton Roads SCUBA group from Meetup.com.

Any estimates on what the temperature will be (above and below 30'?) Anyone make it to Rawlings this week?

Was there Sunday assisting with an OW class. It was 57 at the surface and 51 at the wheels of the bus(31 feet). I'm back out there tomorrow so I'll update tomorrow night if I can.

I'm planning to head down there with some friends. It will be our first trip there. I tried calling today before they closed, but didn't make it in time. Anyone know how they take payment? Can we show up Friday evening and get a primitive camp site without reservations?

Regards
Sam

Call them and leave a message if nobody answers, they're usually pretty good at calling people back. I was there today to assist in unleashing 2 new OW divers into the waters of the world. We had the quarry all to ourselves with 57 surface and 50 below 30' temps and 60 feet of viz.

I'm planning to head down there with some friends. It will be our first trip there. I tried calling today before they closed, but didn't make it in time. Anyone know how they take payment? Can we show up Friday evening and get a primitive camp site without reservations?

Regards
Sam

They take cash or Visa/Mastercard

Just showing up and getting a primative camp site will NOT be a problem.

A prime electric hookup site/cabin is another story! Those almost always require a reservation on weekend due to limited availability!

Will be there this saturday...hopefully its warmed up a little since a month ago!

For the new folks, below is my latest Lake Rawlings video. I'm in the process of updating this, as well.

ENJOY...

[vimeo]10196341[/vimeo]

Is the viz always that good there? Beats the snot out of the lakes here in MN.

Yeah it usually is that good....except on busy weekends with alot of OW students. I was there today, ran through the "deep tour" with swim through of the plane, van, and panel van. Had a nice 52 minute dive....stuck my computer in the silt at the deep hole for good measure(66 feet) :dork2: Its still a little cool at the bottom of the wall at 49 degrees. My buddy even tossed a dead fish at me!:hmmm:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom