Ras al jinz turtle resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubasaif

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,

I've been scouring the web looking for information on diving in Ras al jinz and have found nothing at all. Does anyone here have any info? I am beginning to think there is no diving there.

Thanks in advance.

saif

I was there about 10 years ago, and certainly no organised diving then. The "resort" is more for turtle watching etc. They lay eggs and hatch all year round in that area including Ras Al Hadd.

Hi Searcaigh,

i don't suppose you might be in Muscat around the 19-23 September?

Hi Searcaigh,

i don't suppose you might be in Muscat around the 19-23 September?

Eid Al Adha, quite possibly will be out of Dubai that's for sure, but where is another question, although Oman is an option that I am looking at, but so is Sri Lanka.

The shore diving near Ras al Haad is very good. There is a small cove west of the turtle resort that is a good shore entry. Rocky ledges, but very manageable. There is an unimproved road from the back of the turtle resort to the cove that is saloon car friendly. Nudibranchs are plentiful and plenty of pristine coral.

Google Earth 22 31.956N 59 44.998E

Hi Abdullah,

Do you know of a dive Center near there?

Saif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom