Rant: Why do so many locals insist on backing into parking spots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

when i was a young lad when ever i got behind the wheel i was on the gas in a hurry. as i have grown older at some point i lost that habit and now i just cruise where ever im going. so many people with these fast cars in such a hurry to rip around the Island. my thougth is always why you in such a hurry your only on an island.not like you got to drive from L.A to sacramento and have to be there in four hours.

Everyone who says that it is safer to back in in a parking lot needs to learn how to drive. Especially if you consider cars in a parking lot "traffic". The only reason to back into a parking spot (not parallel) is to back up to a loading/unloading curb. If you drive a truck that cannot pull into a parking spot, you either need to learn how to drive it or find a different parking spot. I park a Grand Cherokee every day and almost never have to make more than one attempt to pull into a parking spot. If I do it is the result of someone who doesn't know how to park in an adjacent spot. I spend almost every day driving and it does waste time waiting on someone backing in, regardless of how well they do it. I work hourly so it doesn't affect me that way, but if you are a delivery driver or similar it can cost you money and living in paradise costs a lot. Diving in paradise costs more!

I always back in, it’s the trucker in me. It may be more that they don’t know how to set up to back in than the backing part of it. If some generous soul is willing to pay I would be happy to come there and teach everyone how to back up, really I don’t mind!

I've been thinking of teaching a merging onto the H1 course as well, any takers? Could we combine our classes?

G

:rofl3:

Merge/ yield what do they mean ?? Here it is either Stop or go

I've been thinking of teaching a merging onto the H1 course as well, any takers? Could we combine our classes?

G

Can you add 4-way stop protocol to that course?

Is this thread still going? Well, ok here is the REAL reason locals back into parking stalls:

Hawaii has a high percentage of the population employed by either the State or County.

And as everyone knows, government employees are apt to do EVERYTHING "bass akwards" :D

< Runs and Hides>

Best wishes.

Noted, and yes.... It's added to the required material.

As is proper turn-signal usage, keeping up with the flow of traffic and my favorite, 10 reasons you should be extra alert while following a late model Toyota Camry.

G

What about adding Proper etiquiet for following a Pick up truck that is 15 ft high and has tires the size of my girlfriends nissan 200sx. You can save someones life with this education. Seriously

10 reasons you should be extra alert while following a late model Toyota Camry.
And here I thought I was the only one to notice the correlation of Camry drivers and stupidity..................

Back
Top Bottom