Ranger's Split Saddle Harness problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pink_fins

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have had my Ranger for about 4 years now. And love it.

About 2 years ago I purchased the harness. Due to my body shape (big hips),I was finding the Bc would shift lots underwater. Sometimes even making me very top heavy. Like I was going to flip over. I didn't like this feeling. Thus the harness, to keep the bc in place.

My weights are split between the front and back.

Now, arthritis is preventing me from walking to the water with my gear on and I have to put it on in the water. My problem is those two straps float in the water and I couldn't find them.

I have put little weights (smashed some sinkers) and sewed them into the strap and even added a D-ring to each strap. This helps me find them.

Scott, have you ever thought of looking into a one strap system for your BC's ? or heavier straps that sink when doning bc in the water ?

tia
gail

Gail,

Thanks for your input. I will take a look at it and see if there is some improvement that can be made, but we really don't have many complaints about the saddle strap.

It is good that you found a way to make yours work for you! It never ceases to amaze me to learn how resourceful divers can be!!

Thanks and dive safe!

Scott

Back
Top Bottom