Ranger wing onto bp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba_sirhc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys I have read the threads here n i still don't understand how to mount my Ranger wing onto a bp. First of all my Ranger wing does not have any "stainless steel holes" to screw onto the bp except for 1 near the dump valve. The only way i can think of is slotting the straps through the tank band slots. Can anyone help? :wink:

A Ranger style wing is mounted to a backplate using the four provided attachments points (pieces of webbing with a metal ends). The Zeagle brand backplates, come with an extra set of holes drilled into them to accomodate this style wing. They also provide a kit with all the necessary attachment hardware. See bottom center pic on page 2 in the following data sheet.

If you plan to use your Ranger wing with another brand backplate, then you'll have to figure out your own mounting solution.

Does that mean that there will be a piece of webbing with stainlesss steel holes to be attached to the center portion of my Ranger bladder and then i will mount the whole piece onto the bp?

Look at the bladder cover, and how it attaches to the Ranger BC currently. You should see metal tri bars that hook the bladder to the back of the BC. You simply remove the bladder from the BC and use those same stainless steel tri bars to attach the bladder on to the BP.

That being said - if you have an older Ranger, it may have plastic instead of stainless. If so, you can have your LDS send the bladder cover to Zeagle, and we will replace the plastic pieces with the stainless ones.

Hope that helps...

Scott

Now i get it! Then what about the bladder mounting kit? Do I need to use that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom