random links being applied to text

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I also noticed the skimlinks, NOT a fan :shakehead:

I will post this again I am not liking this, I don't want to be advertising something without my consent. If it at least notified me before I made the post I would feel a little better about it,

I'm hearing that Skimlinks provide links to hacker sites as well. I don't want hacker sites linked to my posts.

Please SB Advisors and Mods, revisit the idea of Skimlink and give the members an opt-out option if you insist on using Skimlink on our posts.

How about making the links a different color, or underlined, or italic, or a different font, just different from intentional links so we know what is a potential link to malware or hacker sites.

Besides the obvious ability of a compromised site to be inserted without permission, there is also the "Not safe for Work" issue. What if someone posts something cool about a baby doll site? It's extraordinary what comes up with those words.

Can you limit skimlink from linking anything not advertised on the forums? If I am taking my car to a body shop, I don't want my post to look like I am sanctioning the link formed.

I'm not sure ...
Others have raised some valid questions about it (I like the, only advertisers on SB bit)

I usually don't like them, some of sites I go to have links to things mentioned in the article and the links go to that picture, information, or article referenced ... they also have skim links and I HATE IT when I get suckered into clicking on one of them thinking it's part of the story

Cease the freak out. It's been disabled. It may take a little while for total "digestion" to the system.

your security was not compromised.

Cease the freak out.

:mooner:

It's not a "freak out" just because we express our displeasure, Howard. :)

Back
Top Bottom