Raja Ampat or Wakatobi?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I booked Sorido Bay, Raja Ampat, but unfortunately had to cancel (ten months before we were due to go). The cancellation policy on the website states 'Cancellations made 45 or more days prior to arrival will be refunded less a 25% per person service fee'. When I asked for my refund (I have paid 25% of the total booking which is 1085 euro) I was told that the 25% service fee was of the TOTAL booking amount, not any monies paid. Therefore, if you pay your 25% deposit and cancel before paying in full, you will receive NO REFUND at all.
When I first booked this trip, response to emails was immediate. When I advised them of my cancellation, I had to send three emails and wait three weeks for a reply. NOT IMPRESSED.

Yvonne, I think you mean, "Don't go to the resort I booked with in Raja Ampat," rather than "Go to Wakatobi," since you have no experience at either destination besides your refund experience. Is that right?

I have noticed recent scathing criticisms of operators by newly signed up members with only 1 or 2 posts. Also another in a different Asian forum here. The similarities are starting to be rather uncanny. Anyone noticed this trend?

Raja Ampat for sure and as long as not too many boats about.Very south of Wakotobi a must and wonderful walls and fish and my deepest dive ever was there and one i will never forget

I just back from wakatobi, the reef amazing, but no fish. means only small fishes. I believe there is more better spot in wakatobi, I stay at patuno, and the dive centre was sucks big time. I'll come back to wakatobi one day and choose another reputable one.

raja ampat is also famous in indonesia, misool eco beach is like the best from what Ive heard.
but the dive paradise in indonesia is Raja ampat.

We (my wife and I) are heading back to Indonesia for our 8th dive trip. I will be a long one -- six weeks -- and we will be diving at Wakatobi, Lembeh and other places in northern Sulawesi. This will be our fifth trip to the Wakatobi dive operation, which is a first-class destination. I don't know who Boogie Woman was diving with when she says the dive operation sucks, but she couldn't have been referring to THE Wakatobi dive center on Tomea Island.

This will probably be our last trip; we're getting too old for this. The flight alone is a killer. We live on the U.S. East Coast, and it takes about 30 hours, including time spent sitting in airports, to get to Indonesia.

WAKATOBI would be my pick based on your needs. Then do Raja. We have a group going in Oct. Can't wait!

WAKATOBI would be my pick based on your needs. Then do Raja. We have a group going in Oct. Can't wait!

When are you going? Raja or Wakatobi? We'll be at Wakatobi Oct. 12-22 :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom