Raja Ampat in February

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m stayed at RA biodiversity last year around this time. very nice, friendly couple owns it,family style dinners, I would go back. There are also several homestays right next door so if you are ok with very basic accommodations, you can save a lot of money and stay there and dive with Biodiversity.

I also did LOB on Mermaid 1 - highly recommend!!! Reasonable prices for RA and great service and staff.

Laurie
You tried RA biodiversity 'S excursions and land activities? Like bird watching, island hopping, etc? Worth a try?

I also have a separate question: does anyone have some idea what sort of small gifts one might bring to give a RA local, that would be valued, especially by local children?
Just thinking out loud, and curious.

I also have a separate question: does anyone have some idea what sort of small gifts one might bring to give a RA local, that would be valued, especially by local children?

Swimming goggles.

F6CD9E1D-6598-417F-B861-294766230BC6.jpeg

7F040F36-DE7C-430C-8FED-539DD9F9AD33.jpeg

Last edited:
If you have some time in Sorong, buy a bunch of school supplies at Saga shopping centre and bring with you.

I did the birdwatching that’s is done through the homestay next door - Pretty tough hike at 5 am and we didint see anything. They also have one that takes a boat to another location that I heard better results.

I got that swimming goggle idea after reading this: Alor - Again and Again, where the kids in Alor made their own home-made swimming goggles from pieces of coke bottle & coconut shell so they can free dive, have appreciation, respect and protect their fragile underwater paradise.

A0C092B7-4DC0-48E4-9D46-531B2DD81652.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom