Raising the Dead.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very intense, sad story. Thanks for posting the link. I do find it hard to believe that the video was made public. I, for one, could never bring myself to watch something like that.

I read the story sometimes ago. It made me sad and sent shiver down my spine.
Now the video, I don't think I'm going to watch it. It'll be unbearable.

That is an amazingly powerful story.
My thoughts are with his wife and children. Hopefully there belief will help them through.
It is apparent Dave Shaw died doing what he loved, he was fighting to complete the task he had set himself. No one made him do this dive.

We must take the positive out of his life and learn from it.

The African bush in the evening light is a hauntingly beautiful place. Dave Shaw will always be there to enjoy it.

thanks for posting that - truly amazing story - wasn't diving when it came out

Wow that was some emotional reading for me and I was almost in tears. My condolenses to the families involved.

As a new diver, this was a sobering reminder of how I need to make sure that I know what I am doing under the water.

Correct me if i'm wrong but is there not the small matter of one missing head to be solved? If there were any one part of a body that needed to be recovered I would think that would be it. I suppose somebody will eventually spot it and pick it up, that would freak me out something fierce. It takes a certain kind of person to be able to handle super deep cave diving with a body recovery thrown in.

I read it, I cried.

The video was shown on South Africa's premier magazine TV show at 19:00 (prime time viewing). As divers it was really hard to watch with quite a few shedding tears

Back
Top Bottom