Rainy Day Women

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nurse H2O

Registered
Reaction score
When i was in school for nursing, we did our psych rotation with the med students.It was pouring rain and the guy sitting next to me says to me,"It's a great day to go to my dorm and listen to Beethovan or Led Zeplin" and gave me those eyes :eyebrow: and i gave him the eye roll and smiled and said no Im married(i said that alot back then) anyway its raining here and im listening to Robert Plant "In the mood". Does anyone have music they especially like to listen to on a rainy day? I like to break out the vintage stuff. Peter Murphy, James, pet shop boys,Zeplin (my husband doesnt like most the music i listen to) :)

“Earlies” song 14 on the album “I’ve seen everything” by The Trash Can Sinatras - Gosh, it’s been years since I’ve listened to it; I read this thread and the song title just jumped into my head.

Pet Shop Boys is considered vintage...wow, I remembered buying “...,actually” when it first came out.

Hmmm good question. I prefer listening to the Cure, Depeche Mode or, David Bowie

Bach - Brandenburg Concertos

On rainy days I prefer to MAKE beautiful music with a woman I like rather than listen to someone else's (although Getz & Gilberto might be on in the background).

It's pouring out here in soCal. Any takers?

Dr. Bill

Yeah, Mark, I may admire you for living fulltime in paradise, but there are things that I would really miss. Like snow. How bout a snowy day instead of rainy?? Cause that's my idea of a perfect day--a paralyzing snowstorm, flannel jammies, my adorable husband, plenty of good stuff in the cupboard, and some great stuff on the stereo.

Aztec Camera, Peter Gabriel, Vivaldi, Beethoven, The Violent Femmes. You name it. We have it, and it's alll good. :)

drbill:
On rainy days I prefer to MAKE beautiful music with a woman I like rather than listen to someone else's (although Getz & Gilberto might be on in the background).

It's pouring out here in soCal. Any takers?

Dr. Bill

Ahhh... getz and gilberto. Bossa Nova is PERFECT for rainy days. "Ah, a beleza que existe, a beleza quem não è só minha... que tambem passa soizinha..."

I like Jazz on rainy days too. Nina Simone usually. I like some bob marley or reggae when it is snowing or REALLY collld rain, like it is now. That or something from back home to heat me up. Also, old school- the classics: Biggie and Tupac. Gotta have 'em.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom