Rainbow River Road Trip in September?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's wrong with lifted (4x4 diesel) trucks and Budweiser? I do both... :)

Me and the kid would like to do this dive. I may have to pay someone to carry my tank, but at this point I'm ready to swallow my pride and do that...

i would love to go.. but need date... i will be up there at rainbow river and 40 fathom grotto during the weekend of 13-14 to do my open water so let me know if its not that weekend i would like to go!

:)... Good point. However, I'd rather pay someone to carry my tank vs have someone watch that mean old man making that sweet little girl carry his tanks... It probably a moot point however - it looks like surgery has been scheduled for the 28'th so Sept diving is probably a no go.... That's OK, stone crab season is just around the corner. :)

Maybe Im old and grouchy but Rainbow River was boring to me.The headspring is roped off to swimmers/divers.Only swimming allowed outside the roped off area.Too me there is not that much to see.Its like a long flowing lake.A beautiful river no doubt,but plenty acsessable with a mask and snorkle.We have camped on the river twice,and canoed all around it snorkeling.KP hole does not compare to Ginnie in no way IMO.For a newbie I would say a nice place to go dive.But when I can dive to the bottom holding my breath I dont mess with tanks.Kinda like Alexander spgs.I dont see my post being very popular.But for you veteran divers,dont expect too much.

Well I am old, but not grouchy:rofl3: . I enjoy Rainbow River. I have done it at least 6 times. I have taken my wife, kids, grandkids and most of them snorkeled, but I have scuba dove. I think it is a nice, cool, relaxing dive where a tank last over an hour and you get wet.... If it was in October I would consider it again.

Here are some pictures I took a few years back.:)

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/2343

I would venture a guess that us veteran divers already know that Rainbow River is not Looe Key... :)

I'm not "old". Never will be. :) However, I love floating down cool, clear springs during these hot/humid months... it's relaxing and easy (cheap to boot). I like easy. I don't need a disney experience on every dive, just sucking air is good enough for me most of the time. Besides, boring or not, it's better than doing yard work!

I apologize for not posting dates yet, but things have been a bit hectic at the hospital.

This weekend I'll post what I find out from Crystal River Dive Shop.

Agreed,it is much better than yard work.

Give me some dates and I will let you know for sure. I am definitely interested. I've dived the river before and loved it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom