Rain in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tomek_nyc

Reaction score
I'm going to Cozumel next week and it seem like it's going to rain ALL THE TIME, but no thunderstorms. Do you know if dive shops ever operate with light rain? Visibility probably is poor... Any experiences?

tomek_nyc:
I'm going to Cozumel next week and it seem like it's going to rain ALL THE TIME, but no thunderstorms. Do you know if dive shops ever operate with light rain? Visibility probably is poor... Any experiences?

When one of those websites predits rain, that usually means you might get hit by a wandering small t'storm cell and get rained on for a few minutes. Most operators ignore it and go out anyway. I've been diving in the rain, and other than things not being as bright at depth as in full sun, there's no impact on visibility. Don't worry, be happy.

tomek_nyc:

1. Ignore the weather reports, they are NEVER accurate.

2. I usually get wet when I dive.

3. Rain does not cancel diving. Torrential storms and high winds do, but not rain.

Yeah, don't worry about it. If you're on a small high-speed six pack, though, the rain can sting a bit, so ask the dive op if the have rain jackets. The better ones all do.

Ron Brandt:
Unless you are there at Christmas , enjoy the rain.......you will have a great time !!

Just got off the phone with freinds there( :) ) , word has it : POOLS OPEN !!!!

Ron

Yep, I don't think it has rained since the day after Emily...seriously! We may have had a couple of little small isolated showers at night...but nothing that I even remember.

Rain is the air conditioning. Unless your in a desert it might rain. Enjoy it -- it will cool you off on a hot day. Bottomtime, Liquidblue, and I think Christi at Bluextsea all have slickers for you if you want them. Only lighting, tropical storms, or high sea's will prevent the operators from going out.

Lou

Back
Top Bottom