R.I.P Netmage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tim went on a trip with us to Roatan in 2009. He was a very cool guy....and we were hoping to hook up with him on another trip some day.

I am grateful that he went in his sleep and that it was after he indulged in his most favorite activity in the world. There is no better way I can think of that something tragic like this could happen.

RIP, Tim.

Has anyone heard anything about funeral services or memorial information?

This was sent to me, but I still don't know any more.

There will be a memorial service for Tim next Saturday.
We don't have all the info yet but will inform you as we ourselves find out the specifics.

My condolences to Tim's family, friends and Terri.

Tim had many friends. His facebook page has been filled with the warmest memories and sentiments. (We can all only hope to be so admired and loved). I am amazed but not surprised how many folks have changed their Facebook profile pics, or added pics of themselves with Tim as a tribute. I want to share a few I've seen for those that missed them. Hello Kitty images will forever to me (and others) be equated with Tim Owens, the friendly smart adventurous diver and mentor with a sense of humor who loved Terri. These images are uniquely classic, just like the man.

Starting with his SB Av:
Tim'sAV.jpg

Obviously there was a good-natured theme here:

HKfishmosaic.JPG HKDiver.JPGHKpinkdiver.JPG HKrifle.JPG divingHK.jpg

and Pascal Lecoqc, the painter of blue, dedicated this image to you.
pascallecocq.jpg

Feel free to share more images.

Terri, a thousand virtual hugs from your Diving Family.

he was the best...

No kidding!

It is really stunning to see the wide array of tributes to the man. It speaks volumes for his character and the respect he had earned in his life.

Tim's family would to thank everyone for their kind thoughts and condolences.
Tim will truly be missed.

And I personally want to thank everyone as well.

A memorial will be held this Saturday September 24th from 2pm-6pm in Pompano Beach at Tim's favorite restaurant, Bru's Room: Bru's Room's Pompano Beach | Bru's Room Sports Grill

In lieu of flowers, the family has requested contributions be made to Soldiers Undertaking Disabled Scuba (SUDS). Tim always helped support SUDS when they were doing training locally.

Last edited:
I was out of town last week when I got a text saying that Tim had passed.... and I was shocked.
I just got back in town and have been offline for the past 10 days.

Terri, my condolences and prayers are with you both. Tim will be greatly missed by all.

Another tribute to Tim.

"How wonderful to live your life to be so loved and respected. "

Tim Owens Memorial Dive on Vimeo

Beautiful tribute! Thanks for posting the link.

Thank you, Tony, for the video.

Back
Top Bottom