Quite the turtle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This was only Mr T's second dive with his GoPro, so we have no record of this enormous turtle's next move, which was to swim over towards kentmorr for an intimate staredown.

G0027962 Turtle recoloured.jpg

DM described the dive site as Cedral Montañas.

yeah, Cedral is pretty spread out, we dove it at least four times on the last dive and didn't do the same route twice...it has become one of my top dives.

Seen that guy years ago......

Attachments

• IMG_0156.jpg
    IMG_0156.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 241
yes, Loggerhead turtle. Saw him last trip (2012)to Cozumel twice, always in Cedral area. Not the biggest one I have ever seen, but it was our first loggerhead in Cozumel. The DM told us they have been seeing him in that area for awhile.

No photo by my husband, both times he was watching a nurse shark in the same area, under a ledge. In fact, the whole group missed him the first time but 2 of us. LOL Everyone was watching the shark... loggerhead swam right by the group.

That must be the turtle I missed on Cedral Wall.
My husband said he saw a loggerhead during his safety stop (so he couldn't go down and see it better). I had been on the boat for about 5 minutes by then :(

To give you some sense of scale, the diver pictured is 6'3" tall.

FT:
This was only Mr T's second dive with his GoPro, so we have no record of this enormous turtle's next move, which was to swim over towards kentmorr for an intimate staredown.

View attachment 179853

I feel your pain FT. I dont like how the GoPro's can me mode switched so easily. :( Wasted a whole day shooting picstures instead of vids due to that lol.

Since you missed your video chance, I will share mine to make you feel better :)

[video=vimeo;70430225]http://vimeo.com/70430225[/video]

Based upon your pic and the barnacles/growths on the shell - sure looks like the same turtle!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom