Quicky Panhandle Springs Dive Reports 7/22,23,24

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jviehe:
I did some cave dives at the mill pond on sunday. Viz was good at JB, but Twin Caves was more like 30. Still, it was good dive. I went 1000ft farther in Twin than I had been.

There was some talk about us heading out there for some dives, but we really didn't have the time since we wanted to hit the immediate sites first. One of these days though... I know, I keep sayin it...

Well, great to meet all you great divers. Really enjoyed the Vortex night dive on Friday night. I missed the turtle though. I shot a few photos there and a few turned out. I need to work on camera settings. This camera is ok, but what do I expect for a pittance.

I really liked those goofy eels, they were following my light around down in the cavern entrance and I wish we could have gotten some cheese whiz and fed them, someone mentioned that, but we didnt have time to get it. That would have been a blast.

When I left Vortex, I ended up driving til 5 am and getting a room. I got up at 10 and left for Ginnie. I met up with an instructor freind who was giving classes, but he had a couple of divers that came to be with their respective other half to get certified, so I had a buddy or two. I did dive the Ginnie Springs Cavern several times and it was amazing at the flow when you got to the grates at 55ft. The flow was making my mask wobble about. I wanted to go to The Devils area but didnt have time. I will have to go back sometime midweek when it isnt a madhouse with all the swimmers and tubers floating around. I did see some interesting sites, a really nice Speckled Catfish and the Bluegills and a Bass swimming in the spring current.

Got some sleep and an early start to Blue Grotto the next morning. Signed in and reserved a shelter and got a Nitrox fill. The guy running the shop filled my tank off the banked NO2 so fast it got hot. Real warm. Guess I will fill somewhere else first next time. Vortex does nitrox nice and slow the safe way.
Took some photos of the trip and will attatch some later today.

I really enjoyed your photos Yoda and you to SuperBugMan and thanks. I am planning on getting with some other folks and doing Merrits Mill Pond, so think about it.

I will get those photos online soon and get back about the Merritts diving.

Great time, hope to see you all again soon, Destin Jetties, definately also!!

The Hoss Man

Anybody heard from Kraken yet? I know I saw him surface :D.

SeaYoda:
Well, he told me he was on Vacation for the week and didn't have access to a computer. He also said he was going to PCB and do a boat trip possibly. We will hear plenty when he gets back to his keyboard.....

Here are a few of the photos from the Major Vortex Event.... MVE....

cewarbin - pics look good to me!

SeaYoda:

He was gonna head to Panama City to meet some family after he left Vortex Sunday. I'm not sure how long he was planning on being there, but its quite possible he hasn't made it back to the GA.

jviehe:
Yep, some day we'll meet. Till then, here are my dive profiles from sunday - http://northfloridadiver.net/dives704.htm

Rub it in, thanks! :D

Anyone interested, they have the Pixtreme camera I used for the photos earlier for 62 refurbished at NewEgg.com!! Takes great photos, and cheap too. Held up so far to 104 ft. and takes good photos too!!

FYI, also has a lot of accessories, flash with stalk, lenses, filters..See at Snapsights.com

THe HossMAn

Hey Hoss! Those pics are pretty good for that little camera. I'll prob have one by the next time I go diving (which hopefully won't be 7 months :wink: ) I'm actually fighting a bit of swimmers ear right now. Have a left over prescription form the last time I had it, so I am able to get on it quicker this time.

If you get a chance, email me a couple of those pics at full size. I want to try playing around with them to see if I can enhance them any.

Man, drive til 5 am, then stop and get a room? I wouldnt have made it another hour. As a matter of fact, I was asleep in my tent within an hour of you leaving. Glad your other dives were good. As far as Blue Grotto goes, the guy that owns/operates that place isn't the friendliest person I've ever met. But, hey, he owns that hole, and it is a decent place to dive once in a while.

Take care, and I'm sure we'll meet up again one day.

For $62, those pictures are friggin excellent :D

FSUgly - take care of that ear, I'm kinda itchin to hit the jetties within the next few weeks :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom