Quick SP M25 question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wgmontgomery

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I checked SP's website but saw no mention of this:
-Is the port on the BOTTOM of the Mk25 a LP port?
I assume that it is but thought I'd ask to be sure. It should make routeing the 2nd stage hose easier.
I know that AA puts one "high flow" LP port on the bottom of some of their 1st stages.
Thanks

All of the ports on the rotating turret of the MK20 / 25 are low pressure ports. On newer Scubapro regulators the HP ports are 7/16" thread and LP ports are 3/8".

image.jpeg
I'm actually asking about the lone port on the very bottom of the turret. There is one port on the very bottom. See pic & thanks!

NotSure had the right answer. The turrent is a single chamber. All the ports exiting the turret, including the bottom, are the sams pressure. The high pressure ports exit the chamber above the rotating turret. The advantages in routing is one reason it is popular with some sidemount divers.

I wasn't implying that (s)he was wrong, so my apologies that it came across that way.
I just wanted to verify that we were on the same page. I've never heard the bottom port on the 25 mentioned nor did SP's online manual mention it. Also (& I d/n know why) I had it in my head that the screen name ("Notsure") was part of the answer! Beats me WHY I thought that!?!
My AA 1st had a LP port on the bottom, too. I'd guess that the routeing difference is bigger than flow rate!
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom