quick question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

philipvenero

Reaction score
# of dives
what type of fis do you buy if your going to were the boots open backed or closed

Open heeled fins are designed to be worn with booties. Closed heel fins are worn without booties.

Closed heel fins aren't always worn barefoot. They can be worn over neoprene socks and a few, such as the full-foot Apollo Bio Fin, are even designed to be worn with booties:

fingrips.jpg

Whether you opt for open-heel or full-foot fins, be sure to bring any socks or booties you propose to wear with you to the dive store and put them on before trying out the fins for size.

I use 5mm Spetton socks with Spetton full foot pocket freedive fins. I use my 5mm bootie medium thickness sole with my Apollo Uni full foot pocket snorkel/freedive fins. I use 7mm booties thick hiking sole with my Mares open heel SCUBA fins.

If you plan on doing a lot of snorkeling. I like a thin light sole bootie for walking around in and my Apollo Uni full foot fins.

You just need to get the right size and thickness of bootie for your needs that is flexible for kicking and try fins on for size. I use 5mm and 7mm for diving Northern California. Do not guess and order blindly off the internet .

You can use booties with both open heeled and full foot fins. You just need to make sure the fins are large enough to accommodate the booties. From my experience full foot fins chafe. So booties, or aqua socks are a very good idea to prevent blisters.

Thanks for setting my straight on full fins being used with booties. I've not seen this done.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom