Quick question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mwhities

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Where is your release buckle located?

I've noticed a few different rig configs and noticed the buckle is to the far right.

"H"s and DSS. I assume I need to follow suit.

Is the reason it's there so if your buddy needs to get access to it (jammed in a cave or something.), that it will be easier from the back/side? I'm glad I noticed it, as I only had mine slightly to the right of the gig line. Enough so I could get the crotch strap to the left of it and be at the gig line.

Thanks,

Michael

It doesn't have to go all the way to the right as shown in the pics. Just be sure that it is clear from the crotch strap... you don't want the crotch strap to slide over it. The crotch strap stays in the center, of course... and the waist belt buckle to the right of that.

Now... some guys use the waist belt buckle to secure their can light. In this case, it does slide pretty far to the right. But most of us use a separate buckle to secure our lights. If you do this, get a good one from DSS or Oxy. Don't use a cheap piece of crap metal buckle... I've seen the cheap Tridents cut into the webbing loop on the can light... they have very sharp edges. And don't use a plastic POS, either.

Stephen Ash:
Now... some guys use the waist belt buckle to secure their can light. In this case, it does slide pretty far to the right. But most of us use a separate buckle to secure our lights. If you do this, get a good one from DSS or Oxy. Don't use a cheap piece of crap metal buckle... I've seen the cheap Tridents cut into the webbing loop on the can light... they have very sharp edges. And don't use a plastic POS, either.
Hey now, I use a plastic POS buckle for my can light, I bought it at your shop :D

Michael, the only requirement is that the buckle be to the right of the crotch strap.

I also use a separate buckle to hold the can light. I don't want to take the chance of undoing my waist belt and having the light come off.

Thanks all. I have it to my right side now. Far enough away from the crotch strap and still far enough away from my right hip d-ring.

Thank you all tremendously. :)

Michael

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom