Quick question about DIN filler from NESS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoosier

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi

I am an urgent question about the DIN filler part of the whip system.
I got the following items from John at NESS:

“Part# 001 039 Din filler with Push Button Bleeder”

But, they have upgraded them to screw bleed style (please see the attachment). However, after assembling these DIN filler on the whip cable, these are leaking (please look at the attachment)

And, it comes with the white ring stuff (please see the attachment). Do you have any idea what is for?

I know I can call to John on Monday though. I need to complete and use it this weekend.

Thanks in advance,

Hoosier

I have it to. If you remove the clip (with the specific plyers), you'll remove the ring that lets the air out (right behind the clip on pic#2). Then, you'll get to an o-ring, a #013 if I remember well (I wanted to replace it to o2 service the thing).

this might sound simple: did you try turning the ring in both directions - as it is what closes / opens the air flow.

the white thingies - no real idea - mine did not come with extras. may be it is meant to go under the ring (I remember a white hump that was eventually controlling the air flow).

I know it is pretty vague, let me know if you are still stuck, I'll look a bit more into it
eric

Thanks for your post.

I fixed the problem by using some chistolube and screwing it hard.... I was told that it is a known issue with this type of DIN filler from NESS.

ericrd:
I have it to. If you remove the clip (with the specific plyers), you'll remove the ring that lets the air out (right behind the clip on pic#2). Then, you'll get to an o-ring, a #013 if I remember well (I wanted to replace it to o2 service the thing).

this might sound simple: did you try turning the ring in both directions - as it is what closes / opens the air flow.

the white thingies - no real idea - mine did not come with extras. may be it is meant to go under the ring (I remember a white hump that was eventually controlling the air flow).

I know it is pretty vague, let me know if you are still stuck, I'll look a bit more into it
eric

Back
Top Bottom