Question about DIN converters......

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know that one old Sherwood reg had the yoke cast as part of the first stage body (4000# service) so there was no conversion, I don't know if there were others built that way by any manufacturer.

Yes, I'm wondering about the Sherwood Maximus (srb5600), one of the relatively newer versions (that's as close as i can get), that have the newer matte grey finish on the 1st stage, rather than the older shiny silver look. I'm considering a couple of these that currently have DIN compatibility, so I'm wondering if it's possible the DIN fittings are factory-original and permanent (but able to be altered with the common screw-on yoke adapter), or if these DIN units might be removable.

https://www.historicaldivingequipment.com/uploads/7/3/3/8/73382381/srb5600.pdf

I can not comment about some of the current Sherwood regs but the "older" ones like the srb5600 which have only a yoke nut (as opposed to a yoke nut assembly) could easily be converted to DIN (The 4000 can not). I did that with my Maximus 25 years ago. I did the same with a MR12. Just take the yoke and yoke nut off and put the DIN on.

Here is a converter for Sherwood regs: Sherwood 300 bar DIN Conversion Kit for Older Models. You can find similar for Mares.

Old scubapro MK2 and 3 have the int part cast as part of the reg. Usually these are also the ones that still have the Tiny Hp ports. I know of No recent models (1980s + that still have this issue)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom