Quick question about connecting transmitter to First Stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FIST

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
How tight should it be? Hand tight? Quarter turn with wrench?

Should I put any lube on the o-ring or is that even needed since it is not a moving piece?

Thanks for any advice

Turn it until it stops, then make it snug without killing it. It really isn't rocket science--don't overthink it.

Reactions: Jax
I don't have a fancy calibrated vice grips with a built in torque wrench (use inch pounds btw)

Just hand tight and then a little more with a small wrench to keep it from coming loose on its own. Don't over torque and don't over think.

Tight enough so that when the deck dork grabs your reg to schlep yer tank that is does not come off. :D

More seriously, when I used one I would give it just a snug torque. However, I never attached mine directly to a first stage but to a short 9" HP hose and tucker it between the cylinder and bcd.

Tight enough so that when the deck dork grabs your reg to schlep yer tank that is does not come off. :D

Laugh, but I was told that it happened quite a bit.

I am always adamant to the deck hands that I and I alone handle my gears.

I am always adamant to the deck hands that I and I alone handle my gears.

That's how we use the term "buddy" in NJ diving... as in "Hey buddy, keep your ****ing hands of my stuff!"

Reactions: Tug
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom