Quick Poll - Your Favorite Place To Stay in Roatan

So who would you stay and dive with in Roatan?

• Mayan Princess Beach Resort Mayan Divers

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Anthonys Key

Votes: 14 15.7%
  • CoCo View

Votes: 40 44.9%
  • Fantasy Island Resort

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Reef House Resort

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Luna Beach Dive Resort

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Turquoise Bay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paradise Beach Club

• Media Luna Resort and Spa

• Henry Morgan

• Barefoot Cay

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 12 13.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agree on Bananarama being awesome. Infinity/AI: I have heard complaints, they are fancy, but more a condo complex than a hotel, really. That means you must be there for your meals at set times. Can get a bit stressful with diving schedule and other activities! People missed meals and where left high, dry and hungry repeatedly. There are also Henry Morgan and Mayan Princess, both big busy pricey AI places two minutes away from BR diveshop, if you absolutely wanted AI.
Oops, topside lifestyle again! Divesites, agree with last post: South: vibrant reef, wonderful colors, nice walls, GREAT food at Reef House, no crowding ever, secluded. North: more variety architecturally, bigger fish, more challenging, interesting dives, there IS Life past Diving.

You're missing Pineapple Villas!
Great rooms, less bugs, Close to CocoView and you get to cook your own food.
CocoView food is gross. :wink:

You're missing Pineapple Villas!
Great rooms, less bugs, Close to CocoView and you get to cook your own food.
CocoView food is gross. :wink:

I beg to differ on the CoCo View food. It is excellent sustenance. I don't go on vacation to cook my own food, so find the AI's excellent. But, all are entitled to their own opinions, we will just agree to disagree.

So after reading the forum and visiting Roatan many times I thought I would take a quick poll to see what everyone considers their favorite place to stay and dive.

If I missed any let me know and I will try to add them. Please keep in mind I can only have 12 per scubaboard limits.

Sorry but I did not spend the time to read all 4 pages but... I have only stayed at one spot in Roatan which would be CCV. If you read a few previous post I have made about the Bay Islands you will see that I have nothing but good things to say...

Please let me add, we mentioned CCV to some friends and now have a trip for eight planned for next Oct. and will return to CCV. Me and the wife will spend an extra week diving Utila so we will be searching the site as to where to go and must see's...!

lee

Yes, CoCoView is fantastic, but you are limiting yourself if you don't even consider trying to see what the rest of the island is like. Roatan is a fabulous place and the diving on the two different sides of the island is dramatically different. We've all got a favorite, but like Royal Caribbean says..."GET OUT THERE"!
On every CCV visit so far I've done day trips to reefs on other parts of the island.

Weather permitting, of course.

Don't forget about the great dive operators on Roatan that are not part of the 'all-inclusives' like Gary and the gang over at West End Divers... They really do a great job with the diving.

But for a full vacation experience, you'll fall in love with CocoView !!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom