Quick Poll - Your Favorite Place To Stay in Roatan

So who would you stay and dive with in Roatan?

• Mayan Princess Beach Resort Mayan Divers

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Anthonys Key

Votes: 14 15.7%
  • CoCo View

Votes: 40 44.9%
  • Fantasy Island Resort

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Reef House Resort

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Luna Beach Dive Resort

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Turquoise Bay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paradise Beach Club

• Media Luna Resort and Spa

• Henry Morgan

• Barefoot Cay

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 12 13.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fantasy Dive Travel

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
So after reading the forum and visiting Roatan many times I thought I would take a quick poll to see what everyone considers their favorite place to stay and dive.

If I missed any let me know and I will try to add them. Please keep in mind I can only have 12 per scubaboard limits.

Last edited:
Oops, ya' forgot Barefoot Key (BFK)

I will have to choose .other

But the question, by default, is which "AI Operations" because it specified a "stay and dive" operation.

Yes- there are other ways to dive Roatan, with guest houses and day-dive ops, but that's not what this was about (or so I believe).

What other AI's are there? A few more, I'm sure. Paya Bay by strict definition, I suppose.

But the question, by default, is which "AI Operations" because it specified a "stay and dive" operation.

Yes- there are other ways to dive Roatan, with guest houses and day-dive ops, but that's not what this was about (or so I believe).

What other AI's are there? A few more, I'm sure. Paya Bay by strict definition, I suppose.

If AI is a requirement then there are very few to consider
I stay and dive at my place, seems that fits the bill of
what everyone considers their favorite place to stay and dive.
Sure i only have 8 tanks on the Island and need to head down the road for fills but hey, small price to pay

Sure i only have 8 tanks on the Island ....

Sounds like an AI to me. You shore dive, or gotta boat or what do you use? BlueHouse is in a nice location.

It would also be really interesting to know- of the responders, have they stayed and dived at any other AI Resort other than "their favorite" ?

I shore dive almost exclusively. Generally keep them simple and shallower as I don't carry a bunch of redundancy stuff and with the invention of digital cameras its great to be able to stay down as long as i like without being hampered by the 36 or so exposues of the past, I just wish i had ebay'ed all my nikonos stuff before the digital boom.

As far as other places I have stayed at, Arco Iris in West End a few times and dove with native sons, Liked their operation and the fact is is Islander owned, Did the agressor when it was in Roatan which was fun with the group we had but nothink like the trips in Chuuk and Fiji , and spent some time years ago at Bayman Bay Club on Guanaja which was a great trip though they are long gone since being beat up by Mitch as well as the media reports of Mitch

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom