Info quick plug for tech asia (TDI AN/DP)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bassplayer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed getting the first steps of training on the tech diving path here in Puerto Galera with Tech Asia.
I completed intro to tech with Sam and then AN/DP with Tim Blomeke, all TDI.
Decided to start with intro to tech for a few reasons:
- never dived doubles before, wanted to see how naturally that would come
- there was another person wanting to take it so could have a buddy for class
- in no rush and the cost of training here is very reasonable so seemed like a good way to get some more experience
In the end was glad to have done it that way. Sam led the intro to tech class and it was so helpful. Lots of practice on valve drills, ascents, finning, some theory, and in general Sam is just a really charismatic guy with great stories and fun to dive with.

Given that the intro class was a very positive experience, the doubles rig quickly felt natural, and Sam gave the green light, I continued to AN/DP with my fellow classmate. Given his schedule (needed to start right away), and Sam's schedule (not available till later), we arranged to do the classes with Tim Blomeke. That turned out to be just fine; clearly the team at Tech Asia is high class across the board.

Tim definitely worked to set a high standard, to cover material beyond the elearning provided, and to share broader perspectives from GUE, expedition cave diving, etc etc. Overall I felt that we were being challenged to go beyond the TDI minimum which was great with me. The first day felt really packed and had some stressful moments, but then on the first dive of day 2 things really started to click into place and it got fairly comfortable from there.

At this point I feel very comfortable planning a dive to 45m, diving with doubles plus a bottle of deco gas, and doing the deco in blue water if need be. since finishing the class I've done one recreational tech dive which was smooth and fun, and have a couple more planned for tomorrow. I've been wanting to get some tech diving education and experience and this has turned out to be even more enjoyable than i had hoped.

Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed getting the first steps of training on the tech diving path here in Puerto Galera with Tech Asia.
I completed intro to tech with Sam and then AN/DP with Tim Blomeke, all TDI.
Decided to start with intro to tech for a few reasons:
- never dived doubles before, wanted to see how naturally that would come
- there was another person wanting to take it so could have a buddy for class
- in no rush and the cost of training here is very reasonable so seemed like a good way to get some more experience
In the end was glad to have done it that way. Sam led the intro to tech class and it was so helpful. Lots of practice on valve drills, ascents, finning, some theory, and in general Sam is just a really charismatic guy with great stories and fun to dive with.

Given that the intro class was a very positive experience, the doubles rig quickly felt natural, and Sam gave the green light, I continued to AN/DP with my fellow classmate. Given his schedule (needed to start right away), and Sam's schedule (not available till later), we arranged to do the classes with Tim Blomeke. That turned out to be just fine; clearly the team at Tech Asia is high class across the board.

Tim definitely worked to set a high standard, to cover material beyond the elearning provided, and to share broader perspectives from GUE, expedition cave diving, etc etc. Overall I felt that we were being challenged to go beyond the TDI minimum which was great with me. The first day felt really packed and had some stressful moments, but then on the first dive of day 2 things really started to click into place and it got fairly comfortable from there.

At this point I feel very comfortable planning a dive to 45m, diving with doubles plus a bottle of deco gas, and doing the deco in blue water if need be. since finishing the class I've done one recreational tech dive which was smooth and fun, and have a couple more planned for tomorrow. I've been wanting to get some tech diving education and experience and this has turned out to be even more enjoyable than i had hoped.
+1 for Tech Asia. Great shop and great instructors.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom