Quick dry outfit for after diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

traveltina

Reaction score
I am looking for some suggestions for some quick dry shorts and/or jacket to put on in the boat after the dives are done for the day.
I have a Chammyz jacket that is usally soaked after 3 dives, and I turn to a t-shirt and shorts for the trip back.
Does anyone have some of the quick dry shorts from North Face or Nike? Do they work well?
All of the knit shorts I own just aren't cutting it!

Thanks!

I ride a bike a lot. Rain, or shine. Columbia makes THE product when it comes to getting wet. Many a morning commute has been done in pouring rain. The ride back gets done in the same clouthes. Wet wear is very important here because in the summer if you are active I gaurantee you are going to get wet. 90 degrees in near 100% humidity will do it for you.

I cant find a single item thats better than good ole fruit of the loom for a shirt. Placed on a towel and then roled and squeezed gives you a practically dry outfit.

Columbia makes nylon shorts with a net lining. Sometimes in summer its in the pool, on the bike, snacks at the beach, to the mall, and back in the water never changing clouthes, all on the bike.

Hi-Tech makes a wet shoe thats gets A+ in my book. Sturdier than a surf sock, holds up to off road ATM bike peddles (those things destroy just about anything).

Head to Bass Pro shops, and good luck!

Safe diving :wink:

Any technical gear will work. It does not have to high priced like Nike. I love Columbia but it you go to Academy you can find some cheap quick dry gear. BCD gear is pretty good and seems to be lasting as well as my Under Armor, Asics and Adidas gear. I run in all sort of weather. I love high tech fibers!!!! I have ran in pouring rain and had it stop ten minutes before the end of my run and been dry buy the time I got to the house. The problem I have with these sort of fabrics is that they are harder to clean. (they hold odor well) I use the Columbia stuff for wade fishing and it is normally dry with in minutes after I am out of the water. The Columbia gear seems to not hold odor as bad as the rest of the clothing. Also if you shopping see if the clothing has some sort of UV protection built in. Most of the Colombia stuff does. It is one less thing you need to worry about on the boat ride back in.
My 2 cents

Back
Top Bottom