Quick Disconnect Dive Computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found the Sherwood software to be finicky, not connecting consistently, but I was running the software from a GNU/Linux netbook running Windows 7 Home via VirtualBox. I figured that the setup I have probably was the cause.

I use GNU/Linux on my desktop and Subsurface as my main dive log software. It works perfectly with the Vision. Have you considered using Subsurface? I think the only things you can't do with it, versus the Sherwood software are:

1. Change the initial display, where you can put your name and contact info.
2. Update the firmware.

Subsurface is available for GNU/Linux, Windows and Mac, as well as the mobile platforms of iOS and Android. The free cloud service allows you to access the dive logs from anywhere.

It's my first computer and my first dive log so I was not really sure what my options were. Thanks for the tip. I'll download it and will let you know if it works.

The OEM software for Sherwood/Aqualung/Oceanic computers can be a little glitchy even in Windows which it was designed for. I find it is usually related to the order in which you connect devices and click buttons on the interface. If at first you don't succeed, try performing the steps in the exact order described on the screen. If that doesn't work, switch it up a bit.

I finally got it to connect after trying it on 3 computers with different setups. I love the Subsurface!

I now can't wait to take it out diving :)

I finally got it to connect after trying it on 3 computers with different setups. I love the Subsurface!

I now can't wait to take it out diving :)

If you like data, the Vision, besides giving you air pressure, also continuously records water temperature, which is handy to see changes in water temp at various depths and when you experienced a thermocline.

Diving trips for this weekend got cancelled due to weather conditions. I'm rescheduled for next weekend.

Since you're kind to offer your help, may I ask you for a simple explanation on how to plan and preview a dive before going into the water.

Is this something you do on the vision directly? I couldn't figure out how to do that. When I go to plan a dive and I select any random depth nothing happens. I thought it could still be registered without a notification so I keep adding dives but nothing really happens. Then I go on the preview and it only tells me to set my settings "P" (assuming these would be things to preview?) And I go to setP but no progress again. I even tried to do that with the Sherwood interface on the PC but didn't work.

I read the manual a couple of times but I'm not smart enough for it

Diving trips for this weekend got cancelled due to weather conditions. I'm rescheduled for next weekend.

Since you're kind to offer your help, may I ask you for a simple explanation on how to plan and preview a dive before going into the water.

Is this something you do on the vision directly? I couldn't figure out how to do that. When I go to plan a dive and I select any random depth nothing happens. I thought it could still be registered without a notification so I keep adding dives but nothing really happens. Then I go on the preview and it only tells me to set my settings "P" (assuming these would be things to preview?) And I go to setP but no progress again. I even tried to do that with the Sherwood interface on the PC but didn't work.

I read the manual a couple of times but I'm not smart enough for it

I've yet to do any dive planning with the Vision. I've only played with the dive planning on a Cressi Giotto and it simply shows the NDL for various selected depths, taking into account any residual nitrogen accumulated.

The Vision seems to have the same type planning mode: Norm Plan Mode, page 13. Set the depth and see the NDL.

Yeah but what I wanted to see is how much surface time I would need in between the dives.

Yeah but what I wanted to see is how much surface time I would need in between the dives.

Since the NDL in Plan mode updates based on nitrogen load, I suppose you could sit on the surface and keep checking the Plan mode until the depth you want for the next dive has the NDL you want? Or are you wanting to pre-plan a series of dives and surface intervals, like you would with a table?

Exactly, I would like to plan a series of dives as to estimate the depth and duration of each dive. Just like I would with a table.

Are the computers usually used for one dive at a time?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom