Quick Disconnect Dive Computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't say with certainty one way or the other, but I would definitely expect it to be included. I couldn't find mention of the hatch key on the Sherwood site - where did you see it? Also not mentioned in my 2018 dealer catalog. Looks like the item is discontinued for 2019. Same key is used for some of the wrist units, and some Aqualung and Oceanic items.

Where did you order it from, and was it new, reconditioned, or used? Maybe some of the box contents went astray. You should definitely reach out to them to get you the key. I don't find a Sherwood part # for it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. They aren't great at providing a 100% comprehensive parts list. I know I can order the key from Aqualung if needed.

Six questions down...

Welcome to Sherwood Scuba!

I got the Vision from LeisurePro, listed as new. The box wasn't sealed and there's no contents manifest.

Are you saying the Vision has been discontinued? I suspect it as such, but if I can use it and there are parts, I'm fine with it.

I found the hatch key! Besides the CD, there's a glossy piece of tri-fold about DiveLog that the hatch key was stuck inside. I didn't bother to look at it before, since I use Subsurface.

IMG_20181223_1706344.jpg

Six questions down...

Welcome to Sherwood Scuba!

I got the Vision from LeisurePro, listed as new. The box wasn't sealed and there's no contents manifest.

Are you saying the Vision has been discontinued? I suspect it as such, but if I can use it and there are parts, I'm fine with it.
Glad you found it. Assuming it wasn't a printer's error, then yes it appears to be discontinued. I figured that would happen soon enough when it was the featured hot buy last December. I think most Pelagic computers are having Bluetooth added, so they probably looked hard at each item. No real need for 3 different AI consoles.

I'm about to head out on my first dive trip with the Sherwood Vision. I'm planning to rinse and soak it with the rest of the 2nd stage regs. How soon after hanging up the regs to dry can I remove the Vision, for logs? Wipe relatively dry with a towel and I'm good to go?

I currently dive with a Cressi Giotto and an SPG.

When I did a liveaboard, I dove with two Cressi Giotto's for redundancy.

I've noticed that some people do SPG, dive computer, and dive computer with air integration for full redundancy.

I have a Sherwood Vision on order for full redundancy. It's not going to be as elegant as having a dive computer with a transmitter, as I will likely have the Vision replace where my current SPG is connected. The Vision will be on my left side and the SPG will need to be relocated over onto the right, to use the other HP port on the first stage.

Given how much gear gets tossed around when in dive bags, should I /only/ be connecting the Vision to the first stage when my gear is all setup and then disconnecting it at the end of the dive day, before putting the gear into a dive bag? How much do I need to baby the Vision? It doesn't have the thick rubber bumpers of most analog gauges.

Also, does the quick disconnect hose self-seal, i.e. if there's no computer attached, the reg can still be used to dive with?

I may be misunderstanding but it is it your intent to dive with an SPG, 2 Giottos, and a Vision AI all at the same time? That is a whole lot of redundancy and a lot of extra gear to schlep around, keep batteries & o-rings for etc for dubious benefit.

I'm about to head out on my first dive trip with the Sherwood Vision. I'm planning to rinse and soak it with the rest of the 2nd stage regs. How soon after hanging up the regs to dry can I remove the Vision, for logs? Wipe relatively dry with a towel and I'm good to go?

Yup .. and if is one on a boat with a photography station there typically a compressed air line for blowing water off housings and such. One can use that rather than a towel.

Yup .. and if is one on a boat with a photography station there typically a compressed air line for blowing water off housings and such. One can use that rather than a towel.
Do NOT blow compressed air at your dive computer to dry it off. Many manufacturers specifically warn against that if you read enough fine print. You can easily damage the pressure sensing module.

I may be misunderstanding but it is it your intent to dive with an SPG, 2 Giottos, and a Vision AI all at the same time? That is a whole lot of redundancy and a lot of extra gear to schlep around, keep batteries & o-rings for etc for dubious benefit.

Heheh... My original plan was to dive with SPG, wrist computer, and Vision AI. The SPG and Vision AI would serve as two pressure gauges. The wrist computer and Vision would be two dive computers. I've been told that I can eliminate the SPG and only carry that as backup.

I have two Giotto's because I went on a liveaboard and read that I should have redundancy. I was diving with two Giotto's and an SPG.

The upcoming trip will be Vision AI and Giotto. I won't need the SPG or second Giotto, since I'll be land-based.

The eventual goal would be to get something with DSAT as a wrist computer, so that it matches the Vision AI, but for now, I'll obey the more conservative Giotto.

Do NOT blow compressed air at your dive computer to dry it off. Many manufacturers specifically warn against that if you read enough fine print. You can easily damage the pressure sensing module.

Thanks for the tip! I'll stick with a towel.

Hi guys, I also bought my Sherwood Vision from LeisurePro being marked as "NEW".

I received it with an unsealed box containing a USB cable and the battery door opener with a piece of paper showing me how to change the battery. It didn't not include a CD or a manual.

The screen plastic protector came with a few scratches and the device had two dives logged in it. There's no other wear on the body so I couldn't assume it was used. LeisurePro won't admit it was used but partially refunded me for that so I'm not so worried.

What worries me is that when I connect it to my PC, it'll start counting down as it's supposed to but won't do that handshake with the PC software. Would anyone know if I'm missing something?

I've downloaded the drivers and software from their website directly. Every other function on my Vision works fine. I didn't dive with it yet but tested it in a pool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom