Quick Detach for Oceanic Pro Plus 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OL'B4BC

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've been diving an Oceanic Pro Plus 2 computer that was made about 2002. It doesn't have a quick detach hose. Anyone know if one can be installed on an older model like this? What's the cost?

Thanks in Advance!

can it be done, yes i;ve done several over the last years.
Costs?? Question is, is it worth it.
QD + hose might cost up to $ 120-130.
Maybe a trade in.

I've been diving an Oceanic Pro Plus 2 computer that was made about 2002. It doesn't have a quick detach hose. Anyone know if one can be installed on an older model like this? What's the cost?

Thanks in Advance!

Piranha Dive Manufacturing

Has a HP quick disconnect fitting in the hoses and fittings section. No brainer install. under 20.

......a long time ago that computer actually used a generic HP hose, but some years ago Oceanic went to a proprietary HP QD hose, meaning that only am OEM Oceanic/Aeris 'special' hose will fit the QD 'end' of the computer, those factory hoses usually run about $ 100 each, but a few months ago I picked up a few new such hoses from Scubatoys for about $ 68 each, and as the hoses are rather spendy, I carefully wrapped them all in Trident BLUE spiral hose wrap, to protect them from cuts, as over the years I've managed to cut 2 of those hoses on something sharp and it sucks to lose a $ 100 hose that way! However, since you have an apparently pretty old version of this computer you can likely find a generic solution as previously suggested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom