Oceanic Pro Plus Features by Version

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Antothoro

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anybody know of a document out there that outlines the features of the Oceanic Pro Plus by version number? I'm considering getting two but I don't know what I'm missing out or gaining in the different versions.

features of the Oceanic Pro Plus by version number?
I can't help you on the features 'list'. But one very important thing you really want to look at is the 'Data Item' on each screen because different versions have different screens. An example is I need my O2 graph & also max depth on the 1st page so I can get an idea if I'm wasting time and NDL / O2 loading because this site is boring when I could save that bottom time for the next tank and maximize my bottom time on a better site. Since I'm a harvester, I want to quickly grab my computer and take a 1-second glance at it to see where the data points are at and then drop the computer to keep my eyes on the reef line structure to turn left or right. I really don't have time to push the button to get to page 2 to see something that is 'important' to me. Everyone dives differently and what's important to me to see quickly doesn't matter to a different diver who dives for a different purpose. But overall, I love the PP2, it's screen & especially it's forgiving algorithm for my deep dives.

I'm not 100%, but I would check these features out to confirm. I had a ProPlus 2. It was absolutely a solid computer. When it died, I opted for a wrist mount, but stayed with Oceanic.

IIRC, the PP2 only had the option for one Algorithm (DSAT) and required a proprietary cable to download from. Came in either fixed, or quick release version.

PP3 changed the look a bit, and added the option of running PZ+ as well as DSAT.

PP4 Uses Bluetooth.

If it were my money, I'd opt for the PP4. As I recall, the cost of the cable was pretty expensive, and with Bluetooth, you can download dives to your dive log app on your phone. Otherwise, you need to wait to get to an actual computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom