Questions re: Socorro, La Paz, Xcalak, Tulum, Bay of Pigs in April/May 2022

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There really is no ethical tourism in Cuba because no matter how you look at it you have to pay money to the government…. The people do not benefit from that. Even if I have a place to stay with my family there, I still have to pay for a hotel that is Communist controlled
That makes total sense! Thank you for sharing your perspective. A friend of mine (from the same country) somehow managed to spend a month in Cuba living with a local family, I'm not sure what legal or less than legal stuff he did to make it happen. It's indeed quite a bit different in the other Communist countries, where tourism dollars do find their ways to benefit local communities. Our problems have more to do with censorship and the lack of freedom of expression. It's a huge shame our countries still have a long way to go. I hope things will improve in Cuba and you'll be able to visit your homeland one day not too far away.

Just saw this thread today. If you are still looking for Socorro special deals, you may want to DM @Dom@DiveAdvice
Have to push this trip to Nov. Seen Dom's great advice around, will def get in touch with him!

Pity it will likely be my only LOB trip and the only diving besides Tulum I'll get to do this time. The only other place I can potentially dive on this RTRF (Round-the-Ring-of-Fire) trip is Malpelo, but I don't think I can afford it atm.

Reactions: Dan
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom