Questions about Rental Gear in Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dived with mantapoint in Khao Lak ( I dont know if they are affiliated) The guy in the shop was very nice and the equipment brand new, incl. open heels.
Dont think they had a boat at the moment, it was kind of "shareboat" with other DCs, but I got what I was after: Verygood rental equipment!, the rest I can handle myself :)

We share the same brand and ideals, otherwise we are a totally independent unit from Khao Lak. Micheal, who has the Khao Lak shop now, fell out with his partner, who promptly left, taking his boats with him! You'll find those boats at Sanuk Divers in Khao Lak sanukdivers.com Frankie runs those now, still it's small groups and individual service.:D We have our own boat here at Ao Nang too.

Thank you for all the help/suggestions, I've decided to adjust my trip so that I will be able to bring my own gear instead of renting, it's good to know that I shouldn't have too much trouble finding a shop and Liveaboard to the Similans where I can find a 100cuft tank. I'll be putting my gear in storage in Bangkok while I backpack, then head to Phuket for the last two weeks of my trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom