Questions about Fantasy Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a follow-up with many thanks to those of you who were so kind and sent me encouraging private messages in reference to my dad.

He passed away Saturday, peacefully and painlessly, with my sister and I kissing him goodbye. My prayers were answered...he is no longer in pain and confusion. So now I will begin the process of healing and try to get back to normal life again. I can't think of anything I'd rather do than escape to Fantasy Island and nurse my wounds! See you guys in a few weeks, and again everybody...thanks for all the encouragement :kiss2:

Last edited:
CajunDiva sorry to hear about your father. The suffering is over and everybody can start moving forward once again. It's tough, you know that....it certainly sounds like you and your family have lived through some very tough times in previous weeks. My father passed away 5 years ago and since then life has changed, but I think of him each and every day. He may be physically gone, but what he gave me still lives on. He continues to give me comfort and knowledge. I find myself often thinking, "What would Dad do" and then I seem to find the answers.

Stay strong and take care of yourself. The emotional roller coaster is slowing down so take some time to catch your breath.

Snagel

Just a couple days until we head out (down). Can't wait. It looks like my 15-year old finally woke up to this trip. He asked last night if this was going to be one of those places with all the free food (what can we say, he's a growing boy). In particular, he's excited about the seafood opportunity. Anyway, what can you tell me about the food? Average? Anything we should know?

Snagel

What you think about the food will greatly depend on how important food is for you. Some people here think it's great. i personally think it was bad (3 out of 10). But I love good food and am extremely critical (even in good restaurants here). But for the price, I wasn,t expecting anything great foodwise. Despite this, there was always a way of finding something OK... The shrimps and baked fried fish were good (local produce). The pasta, with some cheeze added on always saved the day when there was nothing to my liking... The breakfasts were ok; the chef could make you omelets...

Once again, what I found poor... some find OK (even great). To each his/her own! :coffee:

Just a couple days until we head out (down). Can't wait. It looks like my 15-year old finally woke up to this trip. He asked last night if this was going to be one of those places with all the free food (what can we say, he's a growing boy). In particular, he's excited about the seafood opportunity. Anyway, what can you tell me about the food? Average? Anything we should know?

Snagel

Snagel

We will be there next week also and I wouldn't expect too much from the food. Roatan is not like the many places I travel in the states where the food is a feature (like New Orleans Cajun cooking :D).

I sincerely hope all of you guys have a GREAT time at Fantasy Island :D Admittedly, you are going during the last week of the "current administration", but I'm sure they will take good care of you. I hope the weather settles down for you and there are no more tropical storms blowing by.

Your son will find stuff to eat. There are always seafood offerings of some kind. On our last trip they had king crab legs. Each meal provides selections of beef/pork, poultry and seafood. The problem I see with a teenager is that the other selections are mostly vegetables, and teenagers are not usually turned on by that :rofl3: But there's also pasta and on many days there is the Roatan version of pizza, which I really enjoy :blinking:

Breakfast is always dependable and good. Lots of bacon/sausage/weiners, eggs prepared in different ways...especially good are the omelettes they prepare right in front of you per your instructions. I, of course, am the poster child for seasickness, so I have to stick to toast with peanut butter :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Snagel
The food is ok. I've never heard anyone call it great, but for those prices - quite adequate. No one goes hungry. If you want a food experience tho, you'll need a cab. Hope the weather holds for you. Have a great trip...!

Back
Top Bottom