Questions about ccr stockholm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IdCrisis

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all new to forum and scuba diving wanted to do this for many years and last weekend i took my OW certefication with SSI and next weekend i will take my AOW.

My dream for diving is to go toward tecnical diving with CCR and i have a bunch of questions.

First i have a hard time finding any information about training and what agencies and pre-requirements there are for CCR training on the webpages of the few shops i find in sweden that does CCR training.

I cant find a single one in and around Stockholm or Uppsala. So if anyone knows any person or company close to stockholm that does CCR certefication that would be appreciated.

Since the tec and ccr diving around stockholm seems to be non exsistant it feels really discouraging since i will need a bunch of dives on the ccr and with a certified diver before i can take the next course. How do i find people that are certified around uppsala stockholm that want to dive in the baltic sea to help me build dive time and logged dives.

I was in the beginning really interested of getting a Kiss rebreather but noone in sweden seems to train on that. Then i wanted to get a poseidon se7en but its so complex but its made in sweden and have service centers. But hard to find training so now im not sure what to go for.

I also hoped for a bit to become a CCR intructor but since for ex SSI have requirements on you being a regular instructor and rescue dive instructor i dont have time since i will only have it as a hobby and side hussle. Are there any agencies where you can be only a ccr instructor?

But yeah the biggeat hurdle is to find people to dive with since in the beginning i dont want to go solo and dont want to only be able to dive my ccr on trips that will become expencive quickly.

So yeah any tips for me to not loose hope in ever getting CCR certified and the friends i have that dive dont have drysuit speciality nor are they as into diving as i am and will not spend the time nor money in a CCR.

Adding a picture of me in the baltic sea on my last OW dive last weekend. Location Margareta af vätö

Attachments

• Messenger_creation_cbfb4b24-2718-44a4-a84f-6b9a542c6dd8.jpeg
    Messenger_creation_cbfb4b24-2718-44a4-a84f-6b9a542c6dd8.jpeg
    24.4 KB · Views: 15
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom