Questions about a 3mm Henderson Instadry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kathydee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Wow, I just got a steal on a Henderson Instadry.

Showed up in the mail and it fits literally like a glove but it's a little tight (grant it a little diet wouldn't hurt)-- but just wondering if it will stretch a little once wet?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I have one and it is the most uncomfortable to put on suit I have ever owned.
Be sure to wear a lycra/nylon skin under it so that you can put it on a little easier.Not the most durable suit there is either.I have one because the lds owner simply gave it to me to use in the pool .Because of frequent use in pool a standard wet suit would start to fade frm the pool chemicals.The instadry did not fade,but the stitching did.Also had to repair it a few time with neoprene cement and aquaseal to glue zipper back after it came off the bottom part of where it attached to suit.It is a warm suit,warmer than a standard 3mm wet suit.After a few uses it conforme to your body shape a bit but does not stretch out .

Most wetsuits fit a little looser when they are wet (compared to dry)... as far as stretching, that's a bad thing. The more your suit is required to stretch to fit, the more it will compress the neoprene and reduce the insulating ability of the suit. Also, since the Instadry doesn't have fabric on the outside, the stitching can cut the rubber if the rubber is pulled against the line of stitching, so overstretching one of these is probably more likely to damage it than a suit with nylon fabric on the face of the neoprene. If you do tear it or need it altered, it's possible to do it, but with limitations. best of luck with it!

Thanks! I have heard it goes on easily once wet.

if the suit is dry it will go on easiest if you are dry..If the suit is wet then you must be wet for it to go relatively easy..By the word I use "easiest" does not mean it goes on easy..Just easier,still tough to deal with..

if the suit is dry it will go on easiest if you are dry..If the suit is wet then you must be wet for it to go relatively easy..By the word I use "easiest" does not mean it goes on easy..Just easier,still tough to deal with..

Is it easier to put on if both you and it are wet or dry?

I have a 7mm insta dry, unfortunately I have not been impressed with my suit. The knee pads have cracked and torn after 15-20 dives (light use I might add), small tears have developed in the legs, and the stitching in the seams is coming loose. Putting the suit on is an absolute workout.
However the suit comes with a fancy case.
I have two other henderson wetsuits and love them. Henderson did not do well in my opinion with this suit, especially for the outrageous price tag.

Back
Top Bottom