Questionable compressor deal on ebay.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimmer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Oh Yah, I'll just jump right on that one. It has scam written all over it.

Craig

BAUER OCEANUS PB/G HONDA POWERED 4500 COMPRESSOR - eBay (item 300265501434 end time Oct-17-08 21:11:08 PDT) Hey guys, have a look at this. Supposedly an Oceanus with 2 4500psi bottles, and it is currently at $51 with a day left. The guy wont ship so I'm outta luck, but if this is legit, someone close could get a huge deal.

He may have a high reserve price, or there may be a dozen people that bid it up in the last 2 minutes, or he may not get enough money for it and simply refuse to sell.

Or it could be stolen (less likely if it requires an in-person pickup)

Terry

It looks legit to me. I expect it will go for about $2500. If he doesn't like the way it shakes out he may just close and say that it was sold locally. That is his out as I see it.

The nitro duck is somewhat unique. In addition to air drive, it has manual pump capability. It incorporates two handles, one for 3000 and the other for 4500 psi. It can be used as a regular booster or to fill air guns. I don't know if it would be suitable for diver needs. A discount price would be $1500 new.

It looks legit to me. I expect it will go for about $2500. If he doesn't like the way it shakes out he may just close and say that it was sold locally. That is his out as I see it.

I think it's legit too. He recently sold this compressor and has been an ebay member for seven years. Looks like owned a paintball shop and is going out of business.

It will be interesting to see what that Nitro Duck booster will go for if a discounted new one would run $1500. With a good cleaning, it would make a nice bootstrap booster. It probably doesn't have the seals that a Haskel or Sprague have for boosting from shop LP air.

The nitro duck is somewhat unique. In addition to air drive, it has manual pump capability. It incorporates two handles, one for 3000 and the other for 4500 psi. It can be used as a regular booster or to fill air guns. I don't know if it would be suitable for diver needs. A discount price would be $1500 new.

Well no one else bid on it, I'll get it really cheap and I'll let everyone know if it can be set up for diving needs :D.

Seriously tho, I once emailed Hydraulics international about a Nitro Duck that was an HI unit, and he told me that there was no problem O2 cleaning them. This one looks like a Sprague, but I'm not sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom