Mako AC105-E3 Compressor Thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why would one "O2 clean" a NITROX stik?

How about to clean it since pure oxygen will be flowing into it. The plan calls for a solenoid mounted on the o2 output. Plus the tubing is super dirty. Never hurts to clean anything used with breathing air.

Holy crap Pesky, did that Bauer sell for $43? Damn, why can't I find a single government auction in Canada, let alone the dozens you guys seem to have access to.

Peter, I have several 5 CFM American Bristol compressors for sale.
I was an American Bristol dealer for over 25 years and have these rebuilt machines available. Some are assembled into complete compressor systems ready to pump to 5000psi and some are bare compressors. Price range from $1300 for bare compressor to $3500 for a complete system. I also have several smaller units available. I have also just completed the rebuild/overhaul of a MAKO 5405 --new crank, new bearings, 2nd stage new rings and am building it into a complete compressor unit.
Check my web site at <sheldensportinggoods.com>
Frogman62

Jimmer, Do you want me to look for a compressor for you? I am always looking units for "compressor team" members and have bought some very good units recently because no one bid on them.
Frogman 62

Frogman, I appreciate the offer, but not right now. I do want my own compressor very much, but dont really NEED one as I have access to all the free OCA I can breathe. I just need to drive an hour each way to get it. Right now I'm thinking a booster and my own O2/He lease, plus access to the free air is the smarter way to spend my money right now.

A compressor is definetly in the cards at some point, but unless I find something at a REALLY good deal, it's not likely I'll buy anything right now. However, my LDS owner has expressed interest in adding a gas powered portable compressor to his collection. What does a small gas powered 3ish CFM compressor typically sell for on the used market?

Back
Top Bottom