question regarding backup lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ideally the backup light will have a very tight beam. When your buddy is on a HID, it would be virtually impossible to signal effectively with a backup ligth that does not have a tight beam - and signaling with the light is critical.

Im using pelican 2010's , 3 C cell and cant even tell there actually there.

jonnythan:
Ideally the backup light will have a very tight beam. When your buddy is on a HID, it would be virtually impossible to signal effectively with a backup ligth that does not have a tight beam - and signaling with the light is critical.

I pulled out my old Halcyon scout (halogen) and our Green Force Diamond is not only brighter but has a much tighter beam...FYI

The Halcyon LED is a sealed unit, and it will light when flooded, but it's downside is the wider beam.

If I had extra money to get an LED light, I'd have 1 halogen scout (tight beam)and 1 LED scout (really reliable). This way if your halogen floods, you still have one that will work, even with a wider beam.

PfcAJ:
The Halcyon LED is a sealed unit, and it will light when flooded, but it's downside is the wider beam.

If I had extra money to get an LED light, I'd have 1 halogen scout (tight beam)and 1 LED scout (really reliable). This way if your halogen floods, you still have one that will work, even with a wider beam.
The MAL LED will fit into a scout and has a better beam than the Halcyon version. Plus its cheaper. I have those LED's in both my scouts.

Manta:
I pulled out my old Halcyon scout (halogen) and our Green Force Diamond is not only brighter but has a much tighter beam...FYI
Coooool :)

jonnythan:

Jonnythan,

I have a comparison pic I can e-mail if you like. It's too large of a file to post on the board. If you want to PM me with your personal e-mail, I will be happy to sent it.

Let me know

Greg

Certainly looks brighter... not sure about tighter though. I guess I'd have to see it in the water.

Thanks for the pics Greg.

Manta:

I have seen this light several times. It looked great and stylish... As I remember, the price was a slightly less than $100 compared to MSRP, $148...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom