Question regarding AA into Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Critical thinking skills indicate that losing millions in revenue through cancelling thousands of flights and losing thousands of customers will drive them toward bankruptcy .
uh huh. Sure sparky.

PSA: When you make a declarative statement not backed up by facts (or the link you posted), it's just your opinion.

Question for AA flyers who have been cancelled. Is AA offering full refunds or only future flight credit? I ask, because it seems that AA is well aware that they are not prepared to actually fly all of the fights they are offering. Therefore, if they are only offering credits, it looks like they are basically cash-flowing themselves, interest free, off of the bookings of current customers.

Question for AA flyers who have been cancelled. Is AA offering full refunds or only future flight credit? I ask, because it seems that AA is well aware that they are not prepared to actually fly all of the fights they are offering. Therefore, if they are only offering credits, it looks like they are basically cash-flowing themselves, interest free, off of the bookings of current customers.

Hi Dan, We started flying back on Monday. Stranded in Dallas at 1am Tuesday. No hotel, no vouchers given whatsoever. Attempting to connect with AA by phone is futile, and the customer service lines at the airport were hours long. They did schedule us for 7am Wednesday in Cozumel when we left. Anyway, we got rooms at the Hilton in Arlington Texas for the two nights and rescheduled with Alaska, no charge(we were flying on Alaska miles), Tuesday at 8. We spent a nice day at the Fort Worth stockyards, and the ladies bought expensive western boots. I may try to pursue it with AA, haven’t decided yet whether it is worth the effort.

What I learned. Check if airlines are operating on schedule as a flight nears. If there are obvious flight delays and cancellations I am facing, try to get re-booked for the whole flight at a later date and stay put. Then, get hotel, relax, dive, repeat.

My understanding is that if an airline cancels your flight and you have paid for it, i.e., you are not using miles or credits, the airline by law has to give you a cash refund if you request it.

My understanding is that if an airline cancels your flight and you have paid for it, i.e., you are not using miles or credits, the airline by law has to give you a cash refund if you request it.

Here are some excerpts from the USDOT website:

Am I Entitled to a Refund?
In the following situations, passengers are entitled to a refund of the ticket price and/or associated fees.

• Cancelled Flight – A passenger is entitled to a refund if the airline cancelled a flight, regardless of the reason, and the passenger chooses not to travel.
  • Schedule Change/Significant Delay - A passenger is entitled to a refund if the airline made a significant schedule change and/or significantly delays a flight and the passenger chooses not to travel.
    • DOT has not specifically defined what constitutes a “significant delay.” Whether you are entitled to a refund depends on many factors – including the length of the delay, the length of the flight, and your particular circumstances. DOT determines whether you are entitled to a refund following a significant delay on a case-by-case basis.
upload_2021-8-8_15-7-59.png

Since I have not flown AA recently, it would be interesting to know how difficult AA is making it for passengers to request a refund.

Demand a refund. You don't have to stand in line or wait on hold if you simply and easily dispute the credit card charge.

For my planned AA trips with rescheduling I would not accept, I called, got on the call back list, got called back in an hour, and the agent was very nice about letting me pick the new flights.

Last month United checked in our group of 40 for a 7am departure, then sent us all texts saying our departure was canceled. We went ahead with the rescheduled flights and overnight in Houston arriving in Roatan 24 hours late. I filed a complaint with a demand for compensation and after three weeks got an apology. I refiled.

It's also been three weeks since I filed my trip insurance claim, no reply, so I guess I'll start calling in the morning. Air travel is such a pain these days.

You shouldn't expect much from "first class" on AA to and from Cozumel. It's more like a watered down business class. Yes, you will get two free checked bags (and they can be overweight). The seats are wider and with more leg room than steerage. AA suspended meal service during the pandemic. I don't know if they're now providing more than a snack. Beverage service was continued in first.

On our return flight in first class on July 20 we got a couscous salad (vegetarian or with chicken) and some dessert and bread with olive oil. Considering covid and all the bad press AA has been getting, I was pleasantly surprised. I think we had a delay out of Miami, but again, not a big deal. We only checked one bag per person and kept them each under 50 pounds, so I have no idea whether you can do two bags or overweighted.

On our return flight in first class on July 20 we got a couscous salad (vegetarian or with chicken) and some dessert and bread with olive oil. Considering covid and all the bad press AA has been getting, I was pleasantly surprised. I think we had a delay out of Miami, but again, not a big deal. We only checked one bag per person and kept them each under 50 pounds, so I have no idea whether you can do two bags or overweighted.

Hi Kimela, I just looked at a Business class(first) ticket on AA and it allows for two checked bags up to 70 lbs and the same carry on limits as coach(1+personal item). They probably aren’t overly picky about carry on allowances in first/business.

Hi Kimela, I just looked at a Business class(first) ticket on AA and it allows for two checked bags up to 70 lbs and the same carry on limits as coach(1+personal item). They probably aren’t overly picky about carry on allowances in first/business.

That's good to know, but we work so hard to minimize what we bring! I don't want to ever need to get one of those carts to carry our bags - and we can easily get all our stuff for two weeks into one checked bag under 50 pounds and carry-on. MY checked bag was less than 40 pounds this last trip ... not that I'm bragging ... but I'm totally bragging!! :cool: But someone who is going down for a longer period of time, or has things they must bring that weigh a lot, this would be very helpful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom