Question on Form - How many logged dives since certified?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I thought the two most common opinions in your 18 years here was that OW should include nitrox, rescue, PPB, deep, and AOW.
And the other is it should be free and instructors shouldn’t be paid.

I think people should get AOW out of the way right after OW so they CAN do something meaningful.
In an odd bit of irony I waited 13 years to get AOW and my first trip after they limited dives to 60 feet:)

Really interesting reading this thread and all the input and back and forth. So I decided to throw my dog in here.

It should never be about the card or being able say I have this or that certification. There should be training, yes. But in the end the question is can you do the dive or not? I personally don't give rat if someone has AOW or not. If someone is going deep with me (130), do they have the training? Can they make the dive or not?

This is such a troll thread.

On nos. I did my 1000 dives before I certified and the question says how many dives since certified! What shall I do! I know! I'll ask on the Cozumel forum and also mention how long I have been going to Cozumel.

Don't feed the trolls.

This is such a troll thread.

On nos. I did my 1000 dives before I certified and the question says how many dives since certified! What shall I do! I know! I'll ask on the Cozumel forum and also mention how long I have been going to Cozumel.

Don't feed the trolls.
Lighten up. It is an insurance-driven question; it doesn't have to make sense, it only has to be answered. And the question is clear: how many logged dives since certification? The answer might be zero...if you don't log dives. If you use a computer, how many are stored in your computer (those are "logged")? If you download your computer (very little effort these days) you may have many "logged" dives. If ALL your dives were done before certification, and you don't self-log and you don't use a computer.....you are SOL.

Added: @mcohen1021, why are you Confused?

I never used to log dives because I was really only diving Cozumel and a random trip to Hawaii here and there. As I started traveling to other locations it seemed to be a pain point, so did it by hand from my original paper SSI log from training and then used pictures and cert training dives to bring my Macdive log up to an appropriate number for the trips and have used my computer to log since. It is fun tracking sac and rmv and just the memories of the early days,

With the ops I have dived with around Cozumel it's not what's on your C card or how many dives you have or say you have, it's how you handle yourself in the water. Most will want to dive with you a couple of times before they will take you to an advanced site.

When I was new to diving the DM I had been diving with asked me where I wanted to dive that day. Although I didn't know anything about the reef I had heard the name "Maracaibo", so I suggested it. He just laughed and said, "Not yet, señor."

With the ops I have dived with around Cozumel it's not what's on your C card or how many dives you have or say you have, it's how you handle yourself in the water. Most will want to dive with you a couple of times before they will take you to an advanced site.

When I was new to diving the DM I had been diving with asked me where I wanted to dive that day. Although I didn't know anything about the reef I had heard the name "Maracaibo", so I suggested it. He just laughed and said, "Not yet, señor."
Many years ago I signed up for diving online, and the dive operator asked for my certification and experience. I was told what my pickup time would be at the dock, and I was ready. Then the boat pulled up that first day, one of the divers said, "We're going to Maracaibo--that OK with you?" "Sure!" I said, and we were off.

Many years ago I signed up for diving online, and the dive operator asked for my certification and experience. I was told what my pickup time would be at the dock, and I was ready. Then the boat pulled up that first day, one of the divers said, "We're going to Maracaibo--that OK with you?" "Sure!" I said, and we were off.
I agree, my first dives were Columbia deep 1st day, Maracaibo second day. Was never asked about my experience, could have been my dive buddy had been diving with them for awhile.

Generally when they see the black card come out and it's only got a 5 digit number on it, there's no questions other than when was your last dive

Well, that just goes to show you that we are all ultimately responsible for our own safety. The only time I have dived Maracaibo our max depth was 155' and it was straight down and straight up with a whole lot of deco obligation time on the ascent, but I hear that there are ways to dive it that are less advanced (and less boring) than that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom