Question for Walter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Warhammer

Reaction score
And anyone else who has any info...

I'm headed to Ft Myers in a few weeks (12/6-9) and catching the Ultimate Getaway out to the Dry Tortugas. You living in Ft Myers makes you the perfect person to ask, as I'm sure you've probably been out to the Tortugas numerous times. I seem to recall that you've also been out with Capt. Rick, correct? Anyway, there isn't a whole lot of info on the Tortugas and I'd like to know if there are any sites that are absolute 'must not miss'? I'm aware of the California, but other than that I draw a blank. Also what kind of sea conditions, water temps and etc can we expect? I here the wave action can get quiet heavy in the winter out there, but I'm hoping we'll get in ahead of that. Thanks for any info.

That's a great trip and Rick is a top notch captain. Don't miss the Ultimate Ledge. It is one of the prettiest reefs I've seen anywhere. In December the water will be in the low to mid 70's. Seas can be rough or flat any time of the year, it all depends on what weather is moving through at the time. Your timing precludes us getting in a dive together, but we should get together for dinner when you get back in from your trip. You can tell me all about it.

DSSW,

WWW™

Thanks for the info, Walter. And dinner sounds good to me. I'm told we should be getting back in to the dock around 6:00 on Sunday, but who knows. So if you'll send me your number, i'll give you a ring when we get back in. If it's early, my buddy might want to just head home. He's planning on trying to go into work on Monday after the 14 1/2 hour drive home. But if it's later, then he has to eat too. :)

So, how did the dinner go?

You're on a roll today arentcha?

zombie-thread.png

That's oldschool SB there.:dork2:

Can a Mod please change OneSpeed's tag from "5x ITK Survivor" to "Necroposter Extraordinaire"?

Just, you know, temporarily... Until he loses interest in his new hobby? :eyebrow:

:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom